Under The Reading Tree is a Sunshine Coast based specialist literacy business. I tutor primary aged children in a one on one setting who are struggling with reading, are diagnosed with Dyslexia or it may be suspected that they have dyslexia. I have over 15 years teaching experience and have specialised in literacy, incorporating the latest research on multi-sensory learning, neurological and memory strategies to assist students who are struggling.
“Tracey, from Under The Reading Tree, spoke our 7 year old daughter’s language. She had this amazing way of identifying problems and misunderstandings, and translating solutions to our struggling reader. In just 3 short months, we breezed through 7 reading levels, preparing our child for good start in year 3, and boosting her confidence level at the same time. We are now equipped with excellent working-out strategies for any future reading hurdle.
We highly recommend Tracey, and Under The Reading Tree, to anyone who is looking for quality tutoring and great results.”
– Debanie and Lanson
The program I deliver is called “Cracking the ABC Code” written by Dr Lillian Fawcett Ph.D., B.Ed., B.A. (Psychology) Specialist Dyslexia-SPELD teacher. This program is evidence based and effective
• 12 to 30 week program depending on student
• Average improvement in a 12 week program for students struggling with literacy including diagnosed dyslexia → 1 year in spelling → 1 1/2 years in reading accuracy and comprehension → some students have improved by more than 5 years
• Based on current research (phonic based, systematic and structured, multisensory, using a range of memory strategies)
• Easy to use with detailed instructions
• Successfully completed by hundreds of students (from 6-50 years of age)
• Involves a one hour session per week delivered by an accredited teacher and 30 minutes of homework 5 nights a week.
• Parents are present for the tutoring session learning the skills needed for daily homework
• More information on the program can be found at www.crackingtheabccode.com
My own son is dyslexic and as an experienced primary teacher I commenced researching the most effective way to assist him which led me to “Cracking the ABC Code”. As there were no teachers trained to deliver the program on the Sunshine Coast I trained in the program, so that I could deliver it to my son, who has had great success with the program. In 6 months he has improved over 14 levels of reading and is now ranked as a B reader.
Why use this program?
• It is based on the latest research about multi-sensory learning
• Incorporates neurological and memory research/techniques
• Children see themselves improving rapidly which improves self-confidence, in-turn improving their reading and reading enjoyment levels
• In each tutoring session parents learn how to deliver the daily practice
• Daily practice is set out in a book to make it easy for parents when life is busy
If you are concerned about your child’s reading and would like to effectively help them then call 0409 174 869 or email firstname.lastname@example.org me to discuss “Cracking the ABC Code”. I currently have limited tutoring places available.
Schedule of Fees
Assessment 1 Hour – $100
A variety of reading assessment tasks are undertaken. Assessment allows me to gauge a child’s reading age, accuracy, comprehension, word recognition, spelling and auditory processing.
Tutor Session 1 Hour – $75
Instructional tutor session, parent must be in attendance.
Cracking the ABC Code Multi-sensory book Workbook that allows parent and child to undertake the prescribed work at home. Purchased from program author. $50 to $77 depending on the commencement level plus postage
To find out more information or register your interest pleas call 0409 174 869 or email email@example.com